Tuesday 2 April 2013

Clarification

In my article “SC Chairman (under fire) retires as expected” made on 10th March 2012, it has been brought to my attention by the Securities Commission Malaysia that, as a matter of fact, Tan Sri Zarinah Anwar’s decision to retire as the Chairman of the Securities Commission Malaysia was by her own accord and is in no relation to the alleged issues arising from the acquisition of the shares in Eastern & Oriental Berhad (“E&O) by her husband, Datuk Azizan Abdul Rahman prior to Sime Darby Bhd’s acquisition of a 30% stake in E&O Berhad.

Furthermore, it has also been pointed out to me that at all material times, Tan Sri Zarinah Anwar has acted according to the ethical guidelines of the Securities Commission Malaysia and conducted herself fairly throughout the acquisition of the 30% stake in E&O Berhad by Sime Darby Berhad.

As such, the inaccuracies are much regretted and therefore I hereby retract the said article from my blog. Lastly, I apologise for any inconvenience caused arising from the inaccurate statements made.

No comments:

Post a Comment